Greater Nashville REALTORS® tracks home sales in the Middle Tennessee area each month with data provided by RealTracs Solutions. The official homes sales report is pulled around the fifth of each month for sales recorded in the immediate previous month (i.e., January sales numbers are pulled the first week of February). Single-family residential and condominium data by county is provided each quarter. Monthly homes sales data includes the following counties: Davidson, Cheatham, Dickson, Maury, Robertson, Rutherford, Sumner, Williamson and Wilson. For more information about these reports, contact Julie Davis.
Quarterly Home Sales Report by County
In June 2017, RealTracs, Inc., the regional Multiple Listing Service through which we obtain our market statistics, recently adjusted its statistical reporting in order to more accurately reflect market activity. Beginning in June 2017, Greater Nashville REALTORS® will report on the following:
- Closings - listed properties that have closed in the month
- Median Closed Price - the median price of listed properties that have closed in the month
- Days on Market - the average number of days from Listing Date to Binding Contract Date (of an offer to purchase) for listed properties within a month
- Under Contract Inventory (formerly pendings) - the total number of properties that are listed, are under contract and have not closed
- Active Inventory - the total number of listed properties being marketed that are not under contract
Adjustments to historic statistical data have been for all of 2016 and 2017.